Wednesday 18 March 2009

Baking

I've been unbelievably busy recently - between procrastination and actually doing work I don't appear to have any free time for other things (except shouting at the TV during rugby matches). One thing there's always time for though, is food.

If I'm working away hard and things are going well, then a plaintive shout is enough to get the more female of my housemates to bring me up some oven-warmed goodness. When everything's falling apart though, I turn to baking and fancy cooking to cheer things up.

Here's some fun pics from yesterday's baking (as ever, click for better quality):

Step 1.
Bake cake (we made normal sponge with nutmeg and cinnamon, and chocolate with chocolate and chocolate), cut to heart shapes.




Step 2.
Fill with white&milk chocolate spread, layer.




Step 3.
Fight, or charm your way past the deadly guardian of the garden.




Step 4.
Pick some pretty flowers.




Step 5.
Nom.


--

Tonight I think I'll try lamb sitting atop some mashed sweet potato (with tiny pieces of roasted parsnip and roasted leek in it), with a cherry and wine sauce. On the one hand I'm letting down students everywhere (and harming McCain's sales), but on the other...it's going to be so nice.

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets