Tuesday 17 March 2009

Mixtape

At one of our recent drunken house parties (yes plural, we're Cool) I decided to bring down Queen: Greatest Hits.

Queen Greatest Hits
They're all so beautiful. I shotgun Roger though.

Now, if you're not aware (somehow), that's the greatest album ever compiled. I've personally owned three CD copies and one tape copy of it (I used to have a portable CD player that liked scratching CDs whilst whirring away in my pocket). Naturally every other part of the party (poker, drinking games, and on) was completely abandoned in favour of everyone in the room singing and dancing along to the music.

Once the album was over, it was time to grab my iPod and search for any songs that could possibly compete. We found a few...but I thought to be safe, I'd compile a mixtape of songs that could have a similar affect.

Now, you may think I got a bit carried away, but it turns out there are 650 such songs - which meant my mixtape turned into four mp3 CDs. Totally worth it though.

Home taping is killing music
Does this apply to CDs?

The problem now, however, is that I just sit in my room and listen to the mixtape all day and sing and dance along. I don't get anything at all done and it's getting quite worrying. It's a like a descent into drug addiction, but with better music..

Home sewing is killing fashion

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets