Sunday 1 March 2009

The Bible - illustrated

What? Simply because an entire label on my blog has been devoted to blasphemy, you immediately assume this is going to be some disgraceful and offensive link or set of pictures? Shame on you.

No, this is an ever expanding set of stories from the Bible, illustrated by an evangelical minister who wants to share the Word of the Lord with as many people as he can.

Through Lego.

You'd think I would have mentioned this in one of my previous seven posts about Lego - but apparently not.

Now, before I continue with the predictable hyperlink and some sample pictures, I feel compelled to post this following Not Safe For Work (NSFW) notice for those of you wasting your employer's time reading these ramblings. I believe it's a standard disclaimer at the front of all Bibles - let me know if not..


To be honest, this disclaimer was the only reason I started this post..


The Hyperlink:

The Brick Testament


The Sample Images:

1. Epic battle scene. Literally, epic. And I'm sure it's not at all blasphemous to depict God as a bit of Lego.

Lego Bible Israelites Killed
And Yahweh struck down all of Israel before Abijah and Judah...

2. You'll find some bits of the Bible you didn't know about too, like the following (which explains why Christians always look so uncomfortable on the tube):

Brick Testament Bible Sexual Discharges
'Whenever a woman has her menstrual period, she will remain in a state of menstrual pollution for seven days. Anyone who touches her will be unclean until evening.'

3. I had other cheap jokes, and I was dying to end on a sex scene, but I couldn't resist putting in this one. It's given me so many ideas for a LoTR Lego photoshoot. Anyone got a spare year? It'll be an Internet phenomenon (the following is Sauron vs Gandalf in my head):

Moses and Yahweh Brick Testament
Moses then reported to Yahweh what the people had said.

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

sep332 said...

This is very very useful: http://www.uftoolbox.info/indirectotron/indirectotron.php

It's the Indirectotron 9000!

Ina said...

Heh - blatant spam but harmless. Decent idea too, so I'll leave that comment. :)

Recent Tweets