Saturday 13 September 2008

Thank You, Random Folks

I'd just like to say thanks to the completely random folks out there who come and chat to me via the Digsby Widget down the right hand side of this blog. You folks give me faith in the...diversity...of humanity, as well as wonderful, intelligent, witty insights into your own little worlds. Ok, I might be stretching it a bit far - but here's a few of my favourite recent random folks, if you're still reading, feel free to say hi in the comments at the bottom:

Thank you 'BT Guy', for your inimitable mood swings. One moment I'm absolute scum for daring to disparage the good name of British Telecomms, the next you hate your job, your employer and even the BT connection you have at home. Oh, but how dare I slag off BT on the internet, when I'm just one user and don't give a representative sample...a representative sample of the company you hate. Oh God how you hate them, how you wish you could just quit (but inexplicably, haven't), how you wish you had cable in your area...

My thanks to you 'BT Guy', and also a recommendation that you go see someone about your mental health.

Thank you 'Lara', for approaching me to proof-read and offer advice on your GCSE coursework on Romeo & Juliet. I'm baffled as to why, but it was a fun way to end a long day and hopefully you've got a better grade out of this. However, this isn't a general offer of coursework advice folks.

Thank you 'Ass', for asking me to look at your band's myspace page, then swearing at me when I (politely) gave you my opinion. I won't even link to it here because, let's face it, it was pretty awful. Please stop playing music, trying to design web-sites and breathing. Assuming you're still reading here. Assuming you can read.

Thank you 'Guest15439', for sharing with me in great detail your recipe for the perfect roast dinner. I don't believe I've ever mentioned having trouble with cooking roast beef before, which is why it's especially nice of you to take the time anyway. I must admit I thought you were some kind of scammer, right the way up until 'hope it works out for you, post on your blog if it does'. Well, as I've mostly been living on Micro-Chips this week, nothing to report yet, but keep hoping eh?

Thank you 'Geraint', for letting me know out of the blue one day that you've been reading my blog for over a year, to find out what working at Microsoft was like. For then telling me (after a full year) that I didn't post enough about the things you wanted to hear about, and that you were disappointed in me. Such feedback is always appreciated and, if time-travel is discovered, will certainly be shortlisted for potential consideration.

Thank you also to my various friends who read my tweets about my beautiful random chatterers and then pretend to be a stranger too. It's always reassuring to know there are people with as much time on their hands as me.

Keep it up folks.

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets