Tuesday 28 October 2008

Trolling

Has someone you loved died? says CBBC (nice past tense there, nice). I tried not to fill out the form at the bottom. I really did.

Oh well.

"Two weeks ago my favourite parrot died. I think the French boy from across the street killed him. He was playing football and then the football hit my parrot. I was very sad and now I don't talk to French people any more."

I really hope that gets published.

In other trolling news, I was really tempted to delete the page for Wikipedia - Military Of Georgia a short while ago. Or maybe just change everything to the past tense, like I did (where appropriate) on the Economy Of Iceland page.

If that's not enough of fun and slightly dated stories for you, here's a comparison of the militaries of Georgia and Russia. Before they had a big party with one another:

Georgia
Total personnel: 26,900
Main battle tanks (T-72): 82
Armoured personnel carriers: 139
Combat aircraft (Su-25): Seven
Heavy artillery pieces (including Grad rocket launchers): 95


Russia
Total personnel: 641,000
Main battle tanks (various): 6,717
Armoured personnel carriers: 6,388
Combat aircraft (various): 1,206
Heavy artillery pieces (various): 7,550


I love so much how they've written the word 'seven'. Note how the Georgian armed forces would have fitted quite happily into the Russian personnel carriers.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets