Monday 22 December 2008

Christmas 3/4

Apparently, flying out to America isn't enough for me over Christmas. I've been thoroughly spoiled with three Christmas parties (and sets of presents) already - with one to come in North Carolina! I get to open my Cool Stuff whilst others have to look longingly at the wrapping paper and shoot me jealous looks.

A surprising amount of people have taken it upon themselves to buy me toothpaste and shower gel. Is this really because people know quite how badly prepared I am and expect me to travel everywhere with a bagful of gadgets, but no underwear or toothpaste? Or a subtle comment on how pleasant it is to be in my confined company? Surely the first, at Christmas.

The main problem with the timing of my Christmas presents so far, however, has been that of timing. I love getting copious amounts of chocolate, I really do. It's just a bit galling when I have to fly off and leave them behind for two weeks the next day. Guitar Hero Aerosmith seems awesome...but I've only played it for a short while before having to leave my XBox behind. And so on.

A few presents have been based on things I've blogged about over the past year. Wouldn't it be nice if that trend continues on into the New Year and up to my birthday? On an unrelated note, here's some links from the Internet:

Life size t-rex to buy
Did you know you could buy a full-size T-Rex

Trampoline
But, I wonder if T-Rex will bounce on this?

Giant chocolate fountain
Incidentally, isn't the wood panelling here nice? You know, on the wall behind the 47inch Giant Chocolate Fountain

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Julie_oh said...

Least you had a girl to pack your underwear for you!

Merry Christmas number 3!

Recent Tweets