Thursday 11 December 2008

Fair Game

As I mentioned below, Tesco.com haven't exactly been the best in terms of their recruitment. In fact, they've probably been the worst. They have an entire flashy website - tescoitjobs.com - which advertises vacancies and has an application process. I applied via this site, and received the following a while later:

"Dear Ian

Thank you for your interest in the Tesco Graduate scheme. Unfortunately I cannot process your application sent in this way.

..yep, seriously. The person on the other end of that email address has simply not bothered to reply to any further emails - nor has anyone I tried to reach via the 'contact us' forms. Nice.

A week or two later I decided to abandon principles and go and complete the other application process anyway - and for a .com company the shoddy web design was near unforgivable. So I stopped again. However, today I persevered through and got my application submitted, and was then presented with the following:

"Now that you've completed the application process, please spare a moment to tell us what you thought of our process...your reply will not be attached to your application form"

Even better, there's no word limit. Back in an hour.

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets