Friday 19 January 2007

Jammin'

Pretty sweet day all round today. Julie-oh came round fairly early with her gorgeous Strad and me & her had a little jam, just to get used to improvising around one another again. Then she wandered off and I got to play with her trumpet, which, much though I love my purple one, is *so* much nicer. Really easy to hit clean notes on and such a lovely tone.

After yet another game of chess with Ju on her modern-art chess-set, had a real jam for a couple of hours with Tim Finch & Tim Miller, and Julie-oh of course, to get ready for tomorrow. Got a couple of nice new jam rhythms out of it, and 'taught' drummer Tim our songs (by which I mean, played them each once for him, he's pretty awesome though, so the odd time signatures shouldn't bother him, and he can hit any groove). We're going to play I Will Survive in a full on 70's disco style tomorrow too, just for Tim Finch, 'cause he loves his disco and funk.

Also, in more brilliant news, Genevieve just arrived and gave me a Guitar Hero II t-shirt and a book of Bach's cello suites, I have some pretty interesting ideas to do something with BWV1012's Gavotte in D Major, and maybe the Sarabande too. Life rocks! :)

So, 5 hours playing jazz in Boots tomorrow, £200 of free sunglasses as a reward, though I'd do it for free, can't wait!

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets