Wednesday 28 January 2009

Update: Jobs

Other than exams, one of the main reasons I've been so quiet lately is that I've been out hunting wabbits graduate jobs.

There were a couple of lows - getting turned down first stage from Microsoft despite being recommended by various managers etc; failing a technical interview from RedGate quite spectacularly) - which I rationalised into 'I didn't want the job anyway'.

I also found a few places that seemed to like me, but which I decided weren't actually too hot anyway.

I then found some places I really liked. Top three on the list were IBM, QinetiQ and Thomson Reuters. I'm also technically still applying to Ericsson, but I'm so underwhelmed with their HR I might just give up with them.

I've currently got offers from QinetiQ and Reuters, and I'm through to the final day with IBM. I'll probably still go to IBM's final day, although it's a bit much that they're asking me to travel all the way down to Southampton twice - couldn't they have just done a proper job at the first assessment day? Hmph.

All's looking well though - I won't be unemployed come September!

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets