Thursday 29 January 2009

Update: Music

Things have been a bit quiet over with the Tie-Dye Quartet since Christmas - the novelty of getting paid nice bits of money for gigs wore off a bit and it almost became a bit of a chore, having to tailor our sets (and therefore rehearsals) around audiences rather than challenging ourselves and being creative.

I've found some new folks (including Rob Moore, aka I Have Clones) who are interested in having a play, and I've got some new material I'd like to show them. If it comes to anything, I'll let you have a listen.

My listening habits haven't changed too much and I'm ashamed to say I haven't found much that's particularly new for a while. One thing I have been getting into a lot is 50's jump blues, and I'd highly recommend you go listen to some Big Joe Turner or Big Maybelle if you have the chance.

I've also gotten myself some really old Duke Ellington bootlegs, with what sounds like an extremely young Ella Fitzgerald singing alongside him. Hit me up if that's your thing and I'll send them over.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets