Tuesday 18 August 2009

I Went Diving Today And It Was Awesome

Please note the word is diving and not driving. Don't congratulate me on not hitting any cars. Don't tell me about your driving test. Don't wish me luck with mine. Practically everyone on the Internet I've told about my diving adventure has made this mistake so far.

..and back to the point.

Diving is awesome. I wouldn't have believed a short stint in an empty swimming pool could be quite so thrilling. Underwater super slo-mo Frisbee is the best (and most dramatic-looking) sport in the world. I think I've found my new hobby (although I'm off skiing next week in case that's even more fun).

It wasn't all fantastic; I failed the 'take your mask off underwater, then replace it' challenge quite spectacularly - as soon as my nose was free from the mask I decided to try and breathe through it. This is not recommended when underwater. Diving centres need much clearer signage on this matter.

Diving is awesome.

Xx

--

I have to mentally struggle to restrain myself from filling the majority of this blog with meta conversation about grammatical conventions, phrasings and related minutiae. For example, the previous sentence was ambiguous - did I mean 'grammatical phrasings'? Probably not, given the end of the clause, but that's no consolation to the intrepid reader skimming from left to right. I could have rephrased the sentence, but the flow and intended structure would have been lost.

You see how bad this is? I started this sub-paragraph to talk about capitalisation in the title of the blog post and already I'm off on a tangent. I think I need to get back into editing and copy-writing and vent some literary steam there.

Leave a comment, or read the 3 comments so far.

Dave A said...

Didn't know you were into diving. I used to go all the time when I had friends who ran a dive school in the Maldives.

Splash said...

awww with my try-dive students i used to like playing with the underwater torpedo catch game. so much fun. =) Glad you had a good time. x

Ina said...

There must be some kind of competitive sport involving scuba tanks, right? If not, let's invent one.

Recent Tweets