Thursday 13 August 2009

Victory

I'm eating a coconut.

Many of you will have done this before. It's possible you've even opened your own. It was easy, you used the right tools, the right techniques, there's really nothing to it..

Screw you guys. I got to use an axe. I had fun.

Here's the final armoury of tools I required to get into my coconut:

Ina vs Coconut
How could I lose?

The first step was to get the milk out. I didn't have a vice or a clamp, so I figured my legs would suffice. The fun bit was when the drill bounced off the shell and I had to activate pneumatic mode:

Ina vs Coconut
A bit closer to my testicles than the B&Q safety manual recommends

The knife was a complete disappointment in most respects, but did serve well in lieu of a hammer when I needed something to bash the chisel with. We don't have any pics of that scary moment, so here's one of the knife disturbingly close to my fingers:

Ina vs Coconut

And, finally, success:

Ina vs Coconut

In other news my housemate has swine flu.

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets