Wednesday 6 February 2008

Pancakes Ahoy

A visit to Birmingham wouldn't really be complete without popping back to my old house for the night - and especially not when it happens to be pancake day and I have two willing female volunteers to cook for, and generally look after me. Naturally, I helped out a bit though:

Ina Pancake Day
First, a pause, to ensure conditions are perfect, and calculate the perfect trajectory

Ina Pancake Flip
Then, a mighty toss into the air, with a triple-flip and a half-pike

Ina Pancake Eating
Finally, consume

Once sickness set in, it was time for a spot of that most entertaining of games - Cranium. Things were wonderful...until it was established that I couldn't tell true from false, or hum. Only minor setbacks. At least it was a little easier than the home-made versions of charades I'd played in Reading on Friday, once Cluedo had run its course, where I got given what I was assured was the title of a popular song. "Drunks, lovers, sinners and saints". Try acting that one out when no-one else has heard of it either.

I love board games :)

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Unknown said...

Good thing about being me (well, orthodox christian, tbh) is that I can have two pancake days - one by the catholic calendar, one by orthodox two weeks later. ^_^

Recent Tweets