Monday 18 February 2008

TechReady6 is over!

I'm finally home from Seattle, and just a little jet-lagged, but it's certainly been a week to remember. I've been out there attending TechReady, a Microsoft internal training conference, and I've had such a brilliant time.

As well as speaking to and hearing from lots of guys in various product teams (the ones who write Windows, Office, Visual Studio etc etc) I've also had a chance to meet loads of other evangelists from around the world - all of whom are also doing cool stuff and playing with great toys.

"Blog about the conference, don't blog about the content" was a guideline given out that I'm unfortunately going to stick to, but believe me when I say there's a hell of a lot of really cool new MS stuff coming out both soon, and longer term. Keep an eye out for some of the amazing stuff being announced at MIX08.

Also keep an eye out for some beautiful announcements coming from Adobe around that time-frame too. TechReady wasn't just about Microsoft technologies you see - we also need to know what's happening all over the industry if we're to do our jobs properly. As a result, I'm now a complete fan of Ruby and Adobe AIR too - can't wait to get some free time to start writing some code with those two. If you're into coding, buy me a drink sometime and I'll talk your ear off about those two :)

More posts to follow about various fun in Seattle, going to have a nap now I think, then resume trawling the pile of emails that built up in my absence. A teaser for now though...one of my draft posts is currently called 'Dancing on the tables' - and I've left space in there for a video...

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets