Monday 7 July 2008

Back in sweet Paris (pronounced 'pah-ree' thank you very much)

Ah, how I love Paris. The beautiful architecture wherever one chooses to look, the superb food (let's not mention that 4 figure bill though), the gorgeous clothes and the unique air of contempt for everyone that each and every Parisienne manages to harbour.

I'm sitting in the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) HQ at the moment, listening to some light jazz (Wes Montgomery if I'm not mistaken) and being paid for the priviledge too.

Soon enough it'll be back to work - I'm doing a stint as the official blogger for the Education Leaders' Forum, where a group of Secretaries, Director Generals, Ministers and suchlike are getting together to discuss the future of Higher Education (at the University level in particular). What's up there right now is just stream of consciousness almost - but by the time I'm complete it should be a fairly full reference guide for these important folks to review, get underlings to read and research - all that jazz.

It's also a great way to insert a student bias into the proceedings (given that it's my future they're all talking about!) and I'm also trying to make it fairly light and readable - providing links to the detailed and in depth resources as and where appropriate.

One of the coolest things I've heard discussed so far is the concept of Virtual Universities - already thriving in many places. There's also been some very cool discussions around the future of distributed learning, and collaboration, sounds like the future will be far cooler than the lectures I'm used to.

Back to work for me now anyway, but I'm off for a meal on the Eiffel Tower tonight, and I'm gatecrashing the Imagine Cup party in the Louvre tomorrow :)

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Ju said...

you are so taking me with you next time :P Glad you're having fun xxx

Recent Tweets