Saturday 12 July 2008

Me^6 & Back To The Future Drinking Games

I'm 22 years old...aaah! I did, however, have an awesome birthday to make up for this scary fact - and it started off with a bit of dress-up. Now, some people like to have fancy dress themes for their parties, and may choose 'rave' or 'western' or '90s' or something boring and impersonal like that. People will then pop out to a fancy dress shop, grab some tacky mass-produced rubbish and spent the night looking a fool.

Not at my party.

Hours of effort went into making wonderful masks featuring the star of the night, so everyone could revel in the joy of looking this beautiful, albeit just for one night, and just above the neck. Naturally, I understand that you'll want to do the same next time you have a special occasion, and have created a guide to creating your own Ina Mask

Ina with Ina Mask
After much deliberation, it was decided I probably didn't need a mask of my own

You may think that, being vain, I'd have been in my element surrounded entirely by people wearing my face - but I should point out that it was a profoundly disturbing experience, and one I'm not sure I'd recommend. I'm used to seeing other people's faces walking around, on top of bodies...I'm not used to seeing my own. Times six. With dark holes where the eyes should have been.

Ina times six
The looks we got walking down the road were priceless

We went out for curry like that, and had some great fun with the proprietor of the establishment (though I did worry he'd think we were going to rob the place). The next morning we decided to hang up the masks around the place, as well as putting the copies of the photo that didn't make it onto a mask up. The entire place now has a very Orwellian feel to it, with my face watching you wherever you go.

The whole thing's doing wonders for fuelling my dreams of being a fascist dictator. One that dresses like a hippy. Reconcile that one sociologists.

Ina Beanbag
I'm thinking of starting an entire range of branded accessories

Once this was all over, it was time to watch Back To The Future, with drinking games. I'm afraid I've lost our exact rules, but here's a close approximation of what to do when you hear certain things:

Marty - Play air guitar - last one to play (or least rocking out) drinks.
Doc - Girls drink.
McFly - Everyone shout 'Great Scott!'
Great Scott! - Boys drink.
1.21 Gigawatts - Shark attack - anyone touching the floor drinks.
88mph - Surf's up - anyone not touching the floor drinks.

There were some more, but I forget them - one is possibly related to the other. Great night, having your own version of it is highly recommended.

--

Remember - if you want your own Ina Mask, I've created a guide to producing your own. Enjoy, send me pictures.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets