Saturday 7 June 2008

New Hardware!

I've been shopping, on and off, for two months or so to find a proper set of amplification for my beautiful new bass, and I think I've finally arrived at a decision.

I like the Ashdown MAG 600H EvoII head - it's got an awesome range of sounds from deep, low and fuzzy up to a great bright and treble-y tone. It's also got a bunch of cool stuff to play with like a sub-harmonic generator, which reproduces whatever I'm playing an octave lower for bone-crushing depth.

I was tempted by the Ashdown ABM 500 Evo III head, but the kind folks over at Guitarworks have let me play around with both a few times, and I just can't see anything extra in there that I'd ever use.

Mag 600 EvoII
The top bit

I can fit a lot of noise-making devices with the power the above gives me, but I think that all I need for now should be the Ashdown MAG 410T speakers. It's four 10-inch speakers (100W each) and then a small 10W tweeter for the high notes.

Ashdown MAG 410T
And the noisy bit

Should be pretty leet - going to get it next week :)

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets