Friday 2 February 2007

Feedback from Fujitsu

So, Fujitsu called me today to give me some feedback on the assessment centre I attended, which I thought was very nice of them. I'd come away from the day feeling I'd done really well, so I was really rather curious as to why I hadn't gotten through to the next stage, but the call didn't really sate my curiosity.

First they told me that my presentation was very nice, and that I was really confident and natural giving it. As I knew. Next they told me that the group work went ok, but that I should have been a bit more forceful in getting the group to follow my (good) idea. Fair enough, a couple of marks lost there, but I should still be on even footing at the least with the rest of my group.

And then came what I suspect may have been the reason I didn't get invited to proceed to the next stage. "In future I'd suggest that you wear formal business attire.." etc - I turned up in some nice trousers and a shirt, everyone else had suits on. But then, this is partly my way of testing a company - if they're prepared to lose a prospective employee based on dress rather than skills, I doubt I'd want to work there anyway ;)

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets