Thursday 4 October 2007

Around and Around

I've spent today fairly well relaxed, going over slide decks, giving presentations to an empty room, doing some development and (less interestingly) writing guidelines for an internal tool I'm putting together. I've been enjoying the time at home because I've a bit of a gauntlet coming up, and won't have much chance to sit still for a while.

Tomorrow's the first of the Business Value Discovery Days (why, why did I come up with that name?) I'm organising and presenting at, where I show off all the cool new technologies, but I do so by using lots of buzzwords and Powerpoint slides, instead of writing code and making geeky jokes.

Then once that's over I'm straight off to Bath to see Lucie (beginning to regret the word 'gauntlet' now) for the weekend, which should be ace because I haven't seen her for ages. I'm back in Reading at about 10pm Sunday night, so that I can get the 7am train off to Manchester on the Monday morning (my manager wants me on the 5am one, so I can give the introduction, but there's no way that's happening) for another of the Business events.

Tuesday's a day long technical event I'm organising/presenting at too (in Manchester again), where I get to talk to the real geeks, and show off lots of code - as well as quite a lot of slides and the like too.

Wednesday's some more presenting in Reading before I'm off to London for the National Work Placement Exhibition on Thursday. Friday I'm back in Reading for some presenting, and as soon as I'm done there I'm off up to Birmingham to see folks, celebrate a couple of birthdays and get up to some dancing at The Jam House.

I'll be back on the Sunday night before I'm off to Northampton on Monday for the departmental offsite. I thought offsites were meant to be social, but I've found myself presenting to, and running sessions for, my colleagues at this thing, to do with that new internal tool I'm creating that I mentioned.

Wednesday I'm back up in Birmingham, to visit the Aston Careers Fair and then I'm finally back in Reading for some rest. And, when I say rest, I mean catching up with the million things I'll have missed during all of the above.

So, coming on to one of the points of this post - if you're about in any of the cities I'm coming to visit, and you fancy meeting up for dinner, drinks, or anything else then let me know. Here's a recap:

Reading --> Bath --> Reading --> Manchester --> Reading --> Birmingham --> Reading --> Northampton --> Reading --> Birmingham --> Reading

Total Travel Distance: 1,167 miles

--

Today's random link: A very overpriced XBox 360

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

why go from cardiff to reading then manchester? Save yourself some time with lucie by going straight there!

Recent Tweets