Wednesday 10 October 2007

Extroverts and Introverts

Miles linked me a week or so ago to this very interesting little article recently dug up from the grand old excavation site we refer to as the internet/web/bob

Top 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts

It’s a particularly interesting read alone, but it’s been very fun applying it to myself. I’ve asked a few folks here in Reading, where most of them only see me either when I’m presenting or out drinking, what category they think I fit into, and the unanimous verdict has been that I’m certainly an extrovert – for obvious reasons. However, having read through that article myself, their opinions couldn’t be farther from the truth. One to one I’ll happily chat away for hours, but when in a group of people, I’ll often simply (seemingly) ignore the conversation and just sit in silence.

I don’t often do small talk, I find it rather pointless and would much rather spend my time planning future projects, and analysing various arts (music, books, other) than commenting on the breasts of everyone vaguely female who appears on the TV, or participating in the increasingly lewd homoerotic innuendo that seems to develop whenever a group of lads get together for more than about 30 seconds or so. Or maybe that’s just my friends...

One thing to note though, if I don’t want to go out, it’s not because the social contact doesn’t stimulate me. I love going out, I probably just hate you.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets