Monday 1 October 2007

OneNote Snipper Tool

Those of you who've bought, or obtained, a copy of Microsoft Office (now only £40 for Ultimate for students) have probably installed a little program by the name of OneNote along with it, and then never even opened it or used it.

It's a great little tool for note-taking/scrapbooking, with simply awesome OCR abilities (even on video), but I've just discovered a little feature it has that's made my day.

The feature's a simple drag and drop to screenshot just a part of your current screen - something I do daily, but previously I've been going down the long-winded route of Print Screen > Open Paint > Copy > Select Region > Cut.

Now I simply press Windows Key & S, and then drag and drop, to get the item on my Clipboard. It also opens up OneNote and dumps it in there by default too, but I don't really want OneNote open most of the time, so I choose to just copy my clipping to the clipboard. Here's how (to quote a message from my junk e-mail folder; 'click to enlarge'):

OneNote image snipping - just to clipboard
Guess what tool I used to get that screenshot? :)

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Unknown said...

Yeah I can't agree more. It is remarkably good for blogging about stuff. You just have to do the above then leave it until you are fed up with being too lazy to post again.

I can also see the benefits for doing essays and such... But less said about that the better.

Recent Tweets