Monday 29 October 2007

Weekend in Bath

So, sorry I haven't posted anything for a couple of days (like any of you care), but I decided another weekend on my own in Reading, with a broken boiler and 12 Krispy Kreme doughnuts for company would probably kill me, so I popped over to Bath to distract Lucie from her Uni work.

The weekend was fun, though I sorely missed the doughnuts, and the boiler problem hasn't yet gone away. I nearly killed myself with something a bit too spicy from Wagamama's (Two for one vouchers available from Studentbeans) and we saw Run Fatboy Run which was brilliant, if you're into Simon Pegg's style of humour.

Under the guise of selfless generosity I gave the guys Lu lives with my PS2 copy of Guitar Hero II, as I only play that on the 360 nowadays. I therefore spent most of the weekend ignoring her allowing her to get on with her work, whilst I played that with them. Impressively, between a few of us we managed to complete the entire game on Saturday in one sitting, which I've never seen done before. And we still had time for Top Gear afterwards.

Less fun was the hour I spent with Lucie shopping for makeup. I tried to be helpful and suggest products she could buy, but unfortunately not having any clue what all of the different little bottles actually did, I'm not sure I succeeded. I was pretty impressed by the sheer range of things you can do to your lips though; gloss, stick, pencil...I forget the rest, but there were at least ten things. I was also really amused by a shelf holding:

  1. Eye-makeup
    To make your eyes look better...somehow (there was 'science' on the back of the bottle, but it made no sense to me)

  2. Eye-makeup remover
    For when you realise the science was actually all lies, and your body doesn't need 76% of its daily 'beauterizers'

  3. Eye-care cream
    Because you've just put a bunch of crap on your eyes and damaged them beyond repair

Right, back to work...

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

junk said...

you mean you completed expert on GH2 in one sitting?

Ina said...

Actually, we were playing on Hard (the others aren't quite as hardcore players as me!), but it's the same time commitment - 40 songs in a row takes some doing.

Recent Tweets