Sunday 14 October 2007

Bloody Students

It's not just Grads that have it nice and easy - I forgot how lazy and wild one could be as a student too. Seems it's just us placement folks that have hard work and no spare time...you bastards.

After getting back from London on Friday I dashed over to Reading for Julie-oh's birthday celebrations. I won't go into too much detail, party because bits of it are sketchy (thanks again, alcohol) in my memory, but mostly because I didn't actually get drunk enough to engage in any wonderous adventures this time.

Despite this, I still managed to get to bed (I say bed, I mean a sleeping bag on a sofa) at 4am and 4.30am on Friday and Saturday nights respective, which probably wasn't the best of ideas given that I'm off to Northamptonshire (I think, is that even a place?) at 8am tomorrow morning for, amongst other things, a live coding challenge in front of a hundred people or so, involving Beta technology. Nice.

Great fun though, and thoroughly enjoyed the whole time - except the France vs England match - possibly the worst 80 minutes of rugby (followed by a minute and a half of tense play in over-time) I've ever seen, made even worse by the fact I was actually supporting the French (or rather, hoping the English would lose) and they were playing like absolute cowards the entire time. Yet another reason to hate the surrender monkeys.

Go South Africa.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets