Tuesday 19 August 2008

I love 10 Downing Street

I imagine by now most of you have used the Downing Street e-petitions site to complain about student loans, or fuel duty, or some local issue. You may even have been one of the lucky ones to receive position action as a result of your petition. It's a great service, and I've been known to sign the odd petition too.

Such as this one:

“We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to make Jeremy Clarkson Prime Minister.”

Details of Petition:

“Jezza is legend and deserves a chance to run the country.”

I wasn't the only one to sign either - nearly 50,000 other folks agreed. I signed this ages ago, and had completely forgotten about it (and, indeed, didn't ever expect a response), but I recently got an email from Downing Street saying that they'd replied to this petition.

I expected some terse legalese about the fact that our democratic structure meant that the e-petitions site was unable to deal with petitions of this type, and instead found this:
We thought long and hard about the request to make Jeremy Clarkson the Prime Minister and in the end we put our thoughts down in a short film on YouTube. You can take a look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNy1w4DV5Hw

Seriously, that's copied verbatim. Here's the original link. And, for those of you too lazy to click through, here's the video they made:



Well, they've got my vote for the next election ^^

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

cathy said...

Can't believe you'd sell your vote that cheaply!

Recent Tweets