Monday 18 August 2008

Recording

On September 1st, I'm taking a couple of folks to Aeriel Recording Studios in Camarthen to record some jazz tracks I wrote, and some that I just like. We're spending ten, ten-hour days there, and hoping to get twelve tracks down in that time (but we may not manage that many).

Everything (as with all the jazz I play) is going under the name of the Tie-Dye Quartet, and if you click on that shiny link then you can have a sneak peek at our pretty new website where a bunch of the music (and some videos, when I get around to it) will be put up for free.

I'm sure there'll also be a CD you can buy for a nominal fee, if you're old-fashioned too - but the aim isn't to make money, it's all just being done for pleasure.

We've recently started a two week session of rehearsals, which is either going brilliantly, or is very hard work, depending what kind of mood you catch us in. So, don't expect many updates on other topics for a while, and I hope you'll humour me if I elaborate a bit more on what we're up to and how it's going over the coming weeks.

Now then, back to work for me :)

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

just saw the video on tiedyequartet. its pretty good!especially the way you got everything sounding so clear and prominent. Unlike BOTB where the bands were not clear in the sense that I couldnt hear the lead guitarist or the singer prominently,you guys are, maybe because you are playing a different genre.I hope you would be uploading more videos.Looking forward to it

Recent Tweets