Sunday 24 August 2008

Prelude in C# Minor

One of my favourite pieces of all time is Sergei Rachmaninoff's famous piano concerto, the 'Prelude in C# Minor Op. 3, No. 2'.

Since the first time I tried (and failed) to play it on piano, I've had the idea of a swung, jazzed-up version, which sounds absolutely great in my head. Oddly enough, it's not exactly the easiest of things to improvise around, and is currently the only piece we're going to record that we're not entirely comfortable with.

We've been putting a lot of work in though, and if we can pull this off, it will be absolutely brilliant. Provided you're a fan of Rachmaninoff *and* jazz. Screw it, I'll be happy..

We've found someone to play a section of the original classical piano piece for an intro and an outro, and we've got the bass and drums sorted for the middle bit. Julie-oh's working away on the piano and trumpet, but, given the difficulty, I don't think I'm exactly in her good books at the moment ;)

Back to work..

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets