Saturday 23 December 2006

All wrapped up

Wow, it's not even Christmas Eve yet and somehow I've managed to buy and wrap everything I needed to! Feels a bit weird now, not sure what to do with it all - and Smudge is already going crazy and trying to get into all of the presents. Fortunately, he's mostly concentrating his efforts on some treats that we bought for him and wrapped up, he'll chase them all around the room, but still hasn't got the hang of unwrapping the paper yet.

Another thing that's unfortunately wrapped up is my Ka, but that won't be getting taken out again in two days time. Decided that I can't really justify spending £900ish to renew my car insurance for the time I'm at uni, especially when you consider that I've got a bus pass already paid for. So, sorry guys, but you'll have to make your own way to the supermarket etc now. Also, I hate the stereotypes I get placed into for car insurance - the cheapest quote I could find this year was £900, but I used my trusty back button and queried insurers as to how much I'd pay if everything else was the same...but I had boobs. That takes me down to £600 - which, incidentally, is also the price I'd pay if I was 7 months older. If I was fully 21 years old and had boobs then:

a) I could marry a rich 50-year old City businessman and be set for life.
b) My car insurance would be a lovely £400.

God knows why they do this - we all know that your eyesight and reaction times deteriorate with age, and let's face it, whenever you see a car drive in two lanes at once before pulling out into oncoming traffic, it's always a woman who's angled her rear view mirror so that she can get a better view of her lipstick. Sexism aside, why do they calculate costs based on full years? Someone with their 21st birthday tomorrow would pay dramatically more than someone with their 21st birthday today - are insurers incapable of adding a little pro-rata equation to what must already be a massive series of relatively complex mathematical functions?

</rant>

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

[img]http://library.umaine.edu/speccoll/docs/ms/cohenw/06dod/Big%208%20h_b%20SECDEF%20002.jpg[/img]

Recent Tweets