Wednesday 27 December 2006

Seems I'm not the best Guitar Hero in the world

Took part in a Guitar Hero competition today at Only1Music - a drum shop in Cardiff, and it was great fun. The full 32 people didn't turn up for the tournament, so we managed to get it all finished in one day, as opposed to in the expected three days, but that just made it more fun.

I got through to the final after a very fun semi-final - due to an odd number of entrants there were three of us through to the semi-final, so we all took a go each at Bark At The Moon, I came second in that with a pretty nice 96%, but the other guy who progressed to the final had 98% of notes hit, ouch.

For the final, we played Free Bird (of course), but only on hard mode, because no-one in the room wanted to hear the solo butchered. I was happy to top 200k points for the song, and didn't show myself up, but lost by about 4% on percentage of notes hit, so I was only the runner up. We both got a standing ovation at the end of the solo from everyone else in the room though, which was nice (and deserved! - my arms were aching after that solo) and I had a great time. Even got myself some swag on the way out, so I'll be decorating my room in Guitar Hero memorabilia when I get back to Brum. Didn't do too badly overall, considering that all but one song I played was from Guitar Hero 2, and I only got that on Christmas Day!

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets