Sunday 24 December 2006

LAN!

w00t - time for another CompSoc LAN methinks. And, whatever I think goes when it comes to CompSoc, given that I generally end up doing most of the work. I've decided to make the next LAN coincide with winter-een-mas, so that we can celebrate the festive season properly. It also happens to pretty conveniently occur after all our exams are out of the way too - which is when we'll need a bit of mayhem and fun.

Winter-een-mas!

Going to see if I can convince the uni to let us have a two nighter this time, starting around 8pm on Friday the 26th of January, and finishing some time very early on the Sunday morning, with a roomful of bleary eyed gamers stumbling onto the minibus. Microsoft have generously offered to give us a bit of sponsorship as usual - they'll be donating a rather cool prize, and might be helping out with the food budget too. In return I'll be running a Microsoft-themed competition as part of the usual prize tournament, along with a couple of other things I've got up my sleeve. I'll also get everyone brainwashed for the Vista Launch Event too, so that I'm not speaking to a lecture theatre full of thin air when launch day comes.

If you're at Aston, then there's no excuses not to come along, and if you're not, then follow the link above to find out some more information on winter-een-mas and see if there's any events near you to celebrate the holiday!

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets