Monday 25 December 2006

I love Christmas!

Phew, my posts are getting a bit one-track recently aren't they? Well, screw you guys, I love Christmas! Today was awesome, woke up and had breakfast and then opened up my stocking full of joyful prizes. Many cool things in there, and the obligatory ton of chocolate and sweeties. Took our turns opening presents then, and although we all got some sweet stuff (I finally got Red Dwarf series 5-8!), everything was really just a low key build up to the real present of the day.

Guitar Hero II

Oh, my God. If ever anything could possibly be described as being better than Guitar Hero, this was it. I spent 5 hours or so playing through the entire thing on medium (5* on nearly every song, I better win that tournament on Wednesday!), just so that I could unlock Free Bird. I then decided to see just how awesomely hard Free Bird would be on expert mode. It was then that I found out that Guitar Hero 2 has decided to add three note chords to the songs, great. Got through all that lovely rhythm pretty fine though, singing along with Lynyrd Skynyrd, and then came the guitar solo. I'm going to be generous to myself and say that I lasted about 20 seconds. 20 seconds out of the three or four minutes of crazy-ass guitar soloing. One day, I'll beat that song on expert. One day.

Christmas dinner was predictably ace, and once we'd finished that I was dragged kicking and screaming away from Guitar Hero to watch a film with the family. Film was The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (the modern version), and I noticed for the first time just how tied up with the story of Christianity that is, quite scary that I've never noticed it before - but in my defence, I was a fair bit younger when I read the books. It's all the there, from the leader of the men being called Peter, the sinner, the sacrifice and the rising from the dead to save the soul of the sinner, the women at the feet of the cross, everything. Still trying to work out which bit of the Bible contains the phrase 'and lo, the women didst ride upon the back of the great lion and then kick some minotaur ass'. I'll get back to you on that one.

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets