Saturday 30 December 2006

Making myspace viewable

I've always treated any url that even hinted at myspace like a French leper, extreme evasive action. However, thanks to the joys of userscripts and Flashblock they're now pretty much bearable (myspace urls, not French lepers).

The two main problems I always had were the tons of horrifically bad embedded flash objects in a page, and the awful custom styles that retards who should never have been let loose with html would create. Flashblock takes care of the flash, and Greasemonkey takes care of the rest for me, when it's using this script.

What you see:What I see:
What you seeFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Firstly, note that in the 'what you see' screenie, you're missing out on the fact that there's an embedded music player that auto-plays a song I probably don't want to hear. Secondly, that advert at the top is, of course, a piece of flash that probably tells some annoying story. Thirdly, that in the bottom right, you can just see a set of pictures, these scroll around without my asking them to, preventing me from having a nice static screen to look at. Lastly, but by no means least annoyingly, if you view that page without having suitable protection, you'll see that background image constantly moving around the page - horrific I'm sure you'll agree.

No offence to Gen though, was just the worst myspace page I could find without spending too much time browsing.

Xx

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

My name is Calvin Nguyen I was browsing internet and found your blog. The author did a great job. I will subscribe to your RSS feeds. Thank you for your contribution. I am a web designer myself. And here some examples of the websites that I designed for cash advance loans company.

Recent Tweets