Thursday 13 December 2007

Dancing...socks

If there's anything better than turning off the lights and dancing in your living room to some jazz and soul classics then I'd like to know what it is. Unfortunately, my feet do rather hurt now, since the floor's just laminated wood, but I couldn't be bothered with the noise of my shoes on this floor.

Anyhow, if you decide to take me up on this wonderful recommendation1, then I highly recommend the following:

Jive:
Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite
Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody
John Coltrane - Blue Train (if you're feeling brave)

Waltz (Swung):
James Brown - Sex Machine
Commodores - Brick House
Miles Davis - So What

Swing:
Duke Ellington - Take the -A- Train
Charlie Parker - Billie's Bounce
Stevie Wonder - Superstitious

And if you're not sure on how to dance any of those, then there's some great videos over at Expert Village - highly worth a visit.

--

1 - I take no responsibility for anyone following any recommendation I make. Ever. Especially if it involves drinking.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets