Tuesday 18 December 2007

Friday - Other Stuff (Jazz 'n' Shops)

Wow, I really have been busy, I forgot these bits about last Friday - thanks to those who reminded me. I'm sure people only read this thing to tell me when I get something wrong.

Well, once back from work, Julie & I popped into town and hired me a lovely tuxedo1 from Moss Bros, which even came with 30% student discount - highly recommended kids.

After that it was time to move the various musical instruments from my house into my room and introduce the origins of the Tie-Dye Quartet to the modern incarnation. That's a fancy way of saying I had a little jam with Will & Julie. I also got her to put some words and trumpet to a little jazz guitar song I've been working on, which should be pretty cool once I get it finished.

I really miss playing music with people over here in Reading, I just don't seem to have the time, or the company to do so. Never mind - back in Brum in half a year, and living in the old house with Terra, Julie and Tim too, so there'll be plenty of that. I'm also planning on getting a few folks together to record an 'album' of my various compositions and jams over the summer - more on that later.

For now though, here's an old video I found of us playing 'Ina's Jam'. Before I get to that album, I really need to start thinking of some better names for my songs. I don't think 'Jazz Guitar' or 'Trumpet Led Jazz' or 'Skeleton Jazz' will really cut it.


Tie-Dye Heart - Ina's Jam. Sometime in 2006

--


1 - Firefox thinks 'tuxedo' is a typo of 'outfoxed', 'redoubt' or 'untaxed'

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets