Tuesday 11 December 2007

Hello - Everything is fine. Goodbye

I got quite a bizarre call from O2 customer services today. A thoroughly nice British chap rang me so that we could have the lovely, but slightly pointless conversation paraphrased below:

"Hello"

"Hi, is that, Mr. Ian MacGillivray?" (He even pronounced it ok)

"Sure is"

"Hi Ian, my name's <x> and I'm calling from O2 customer services, is now a good time to talk?"

"Yeah sure, I've got a minute..."

"Great, I just wanted to call to tell you that I've been having a look at your recent bill usage, to see if we had a more appropriate package for you"

"Oh ok cheers - so is there a better package then?"

"No, everything's fine, the package you've got is the best deal for you given your usage"

"Oh right, thanks"

"No problem, have a great day"

"You too"

--

Reminds me of the Everything's OK Alarm as invented by Homer Simpson (can't find it on YouTube! - "This alarm will sound every 5 seconds so long as everything is OK!")

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets