Friday 21 December 2007

More inane ramblings...

Sorry, I appear to have written endless reams of complete and utter rubbish recently, whilst on trains, and then not even bothered to post it for a couple of days. Well, lacking anything better, here you go:

--

After a couple of rather tiring nights Ju and I managed to stay in bed all the way up to an impressive 2pm - which I imagine is fairly common for a student like her, but was certainly a novelty for such a hardworking professional as myself. From there we had the arduous task of buying Christmas presents for all the various people who were coming to the Birmingham Christmas party we were organising ('An Erdingthorpe Christmas' - Also, how did anyone ever organise any event or party ever before Facebook? Answers on my wall please). After a lengthy half hour in town we decided that simply wasn't happening and came back home (accompanied by sunset, which was a tad disturbing) to lounge about a bit and play some Guitar Hero III Co-Op.

After a fun-filled trip to the local supermarket, in which we managed to drive around most of Tilehurst, and a few other fun bits of Reading - without finding the Asda I was directing Julie to, we finally managed to get enough veg to feed the 12 or so hungry students that would be turning up, and drove on back to Birmingham. I do love how simple it is to get between any two decent sized cities in Britain - I was always (for some reason) in the impression that any journey of length required a great degree of cartographic study and planning, but in reality you can just set off, find a road of decent size and wait for some signage.


XKCD Cats

Once back in Brum Julie naturally became completely unintelligible (see above) and I...something. It's actually really hard for me to write these posts, because I have a crap memory, which becomes even worse after a couple of days' drinking. So, things happened, magic wands were waved and it was Monday, and time to buy and wrap some presents. I'll leave those for another post though, because the people on this train are starting to look at me a bit funny, I think they want to steal my hair.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets