Sunday 9 December 2007

Lance Gambit

Picture Loans have gained a degree of fame for having what are publicly acclaimed to be the most irritating adverts on TV. A particularly hated one is 'Josh, Dad's found ya scootah' - you know the one I mean. Well, like everyone else, I hate that advert, and the awful acting within, but I do really like the vibraphone music in the background, and have never been able to find out what it is - until I decided to give it a really good search after it appeared on Top Gear.

The song is 'Leftbank 2', written by Wayne Hill and played by the Lance Gambit trio. You can even find the album, Cocktail 2000 over on Amazon - it contains such greats as Barbie Girl and Return Of The Mac - played in a smooth, chilled style on the vibraphone.

I can't find any of the tracks online, but I'm really tempted to get the album, for pure comedy value if nothing else. Let me know if you manage to track any of them down before I resort to the archaic method of actually paying for music before I hear it.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets