Sunday 27 April 2008

Beautiful

Turn the lights off and the volume up, then watch this:



This is Manu Delago playing the Hang, a relatively new instrument created in Switzerland in January 2000. It's melodic, percussive and beautifully unique and I really, really want one. Unfortunately, there's only two people in the world making Hanghang, and demand has become so high that you have to personally apply to have one made. Also - they're simply not to be found for resale, for obvious reasons :(

Three HangHang Hang Drum
Three Hanghang - what a cool pluralisation

As such, I've contented myself with buying all three of of Manu Delago's albums, which should be arriving fairly soon. I'm also really hoping to go and see him either in London on Thursday the 15th of May, or Glastonbury on Saturday the 17th of May. If you can make either of these dates - then please please let me know, though I'll probably just go on my own if not.

Finally, if I'm feeling particularly upset that I can't purchase my own Hang, then I can play with the fairly crude E-Hang that some kind soul has created. Here's hoping it's still a work in progress :)

Leave a comment, or read the 3 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

Omg

I want one,

It's not only cool-sounding, it even looks great :p

Got any idea on what the price is when u buy a new one?

4k on ebay :s

Ina said...

If I find out I'll let you know - I've got 'write to those guys' in my to-do list :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, there are more:
http://www.myspace.com/porticoquartet

Recent Tweets