Wednesday 9 April 2008

Summer plans

Today (presumably) for being so wonderful, my contract at MS was extended until the end of June. Given that I've got a house here in Reading 'till the start of July anyway it's probably for the best - but it does make my plans of landing a job over at Last.FM over the summer.

I'd planned to work for 3 months with them, doing various bits of drone work - and listening to lots and lots of new and exciting music. I imagine the office atmosphere would be pretty leet too (rumour has it they hold their interviews in their giant ball pit).

Last.FM Ballpit
I imagine work at last.fm would look like this every day

Unfortunately, doing that with my next contract extension would involve starting on July 1st and finishing on October 1st at the earliest - not really the best idea given that University probably want me to turn up for my final year. Also I have various other fun things planned:

  • Week's drinking in Newquay, in a Caravan, at Summer Break 2008.

  • Long weekend's camping in the Lake District

  • Week long roadtrip to Belgium with The Idiots

  • Possibly working at (and therefore, otherwise attending) Reading 2008 will you be there?

  • Professionally recording various jazz compositions/jams in Cardiff

  • Various other short trips and events...depending on budget and friends

So, let me know if you have anywhere exciting you want to go (with me) and I'll set about filling up the gaps in my schedule. EasyJet's a mere £30 or so return to many lovely places :)

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

Do you happen to know where all these balls were bought?

Recent Tweets