Friday 11 April 2008

[citation needed]

I was happily looking around Wikipedia a bit, trying to find the name of a certain chap from Greek legend for an XNA game I'm writing (Bellerophon was the fellow I was looking for, by the way) - when a little something caught my attention in the article on Pegasus:

"On the last day of his life, when Zeus transformed him into a constellation, a single feather fell to the earth near the city of Tarsus.[citation needed]"

Now, asking for substantiated references for events that the Greeks weren't even too sure about seems a bit harsh - but if that's the done thing...I thought I might join in.

The articles on Jesus were very carefully worded (all 'the Bible says' and 'according to Luke') so I couldn't have much fun there. I was tempted to edit certain other pages - such as publishing this preview:


Click to embiggen

Eventually, the temptation to vandalism faded - but I decided to go and look at some other examples. If you fancy watching some hilarious arguments online, then I'd recommend looking up the 'history' and 'talk' pages of various controversial Wikipedia articles. Chuck Norris for example.

There's also days worth of entertainment around the Mudkip(z) meme. Highly, highly recommended reading.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets