Monday 5 May 2008

Pause. Break. Riot!

Imagine that the 80's called up, with freshly permed hair and some tight, tight leather trousers and invited the 90's around for some cocktails. Then, imagine that the 90's turned up, with glowsticks, shellsuits and a handful of acid - and everyone had a great party.

Presenting, the soundtrack to that party - Pause. Break. Riot!.

Pause Break Riot
Seriously, go listen.


They're a little two-man band from Bath & Swindon that describe themselves as 'a joke that accidentally got moderately popular'. Great fun stuff and highly recommended listening - I think my favourite track is 'Retro' if you can find that on their MySpace music player.

Alternatively you can just find them on Facebook or, if you're particularly classy - over on Last.FM.

Leave a comment, or read the 5 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

Pause.Break.Riot, are the worst band I have ever seen, and I've seen Hard-Fi live and pause.break.riot was a lower point than that. If I wanted to watch a hot chip cover band I would have loved it but I didn't and thought that they were awful. I'm sure by next week they will be a new romantic band or new metal or whatever is trendy this week

Ina said...

So, you went to see them live, didn't like them, and then went to find people who *did* like them on the Web so that you could share this fact with them.

That's classy.

I haven't seen them live - I imagine it's completely shambolic and a bit...loose, but isn't that the charm of such bands? If they wanted to play a perfect set they'd just pre-program a bunch of keyboards and press play.

Anonymous said...

can i just point out...theres four of them :P

also, the other anon is most definitely a f*g.

who cares if they dont sound good live? i found their songs catchy, irresistibly danceable, and quite darkly humorous. that other guy has obviously never known the 90's for what they truly were - bad in a truly awesome way =]

listening to 'Retro' makes me nostalgic about all those years i spent playing SNES and and Pacman and all the other good stuff =D

heres hoping for more goodies from these guys =)

DIODom

Anonymous said...

Rather amusingly, this "Anon" has been posting this on every blog he (she?) could find about us on the internet. I can tell by the mention of Hot Chip, which is bizarre to say the least. Hot Chip can sing for a start.
Re. the 2-piece v. 4-piece debate, there used to be 2 of us and a drum machine, but now theres 4 of us and everythings live.

Anonymous said...

Aha touche.

I forgot that james and hannah werent always part of the band. My bad!

DIODom

Recent Tweets