Wednesday 21 May 2008

Students

I'm back up in Birmingham for a few days, to try and gently wean myself back into the student lifestyle before my placement's over and I have to return into the hellish maelstrom of drinking and debauchery that is academia - and I'm fairly scared.

People here don't have a 1:1 over coffee booked for a 30 minute slot in their calendars, they say "See you in the pub about 3ish", then turn up at 4 and stay there 'till they're kicked out.

These student types don't go out for nice meals, they order in dubious takeaway from places that just have 'meat' written on the menu, with no specifics as to which animal volunteered itself for the dish.

OMNOMNOMNOM MYSTERY MEAT

It looks like this is going to take quite some readjustment for me - including learning to find something to drink in a pubs where if you ask for beer you get asked "Fosters or Carling?", and for a cider - "Strongbow or Magners?". Nice.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets