Tuesday 13 May 2008

Work work and more work

Sometimes I think I work too hard. There's an option in Microsoft's vacation booking tool called 'day off in lieu' - I'm sure I could book off most of my remaining contract if this was actually used seriously. Don't believe me? Here's my week to date:

After a weekend of debauchery (ok, just playing around in the sun - drinking and football mostly) during which I did nearly no work (shock horror!) I ended up spending a late night coding on Sunday to get work done on a project with a swiftly approaching deadline.

This was followed by a bleary eyed 9am start, after which I met my placements tutor and ended up whiling away hours with him plotting my final year project, and also how Aston University can take advantage of some Microsoft technologies. I even appear to have signed myself up for various talks and events to help out with this adoption - and most of these are after my contract ends!

2pm or so and it was time to head off to Glasgow, where I did some more work, whiled away an hour filling up all the space in the Holiday Inn 'Let Us Serve You Better' comments card with complaints about the room & service. It's just a pity all the guides are laminated so I couldn't correct their spelling and grammar direct. EasyJet should be thanking their lucky stars that I didn't have a comments card in the plane too - it wasn't exactly my favourite trip.

A 5.45am start this morning, getting home around 8pm, and I'm still working right now, so I can be ready for a nice 9am start tomorrow. Then it's off to Newcastle on Thursday, so I can be up bright and early at 5.30am to do another Roadshow there :(

Only 6 weeks to go though - scary!

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets