Sunday 25 November 2007

Detox

Today I start on a 30 day detox program which may well cause me to embark on a number of small killing sprees as it begins to really dawn on me that I can't eat any of the following:

  • Meat

  • Fish

  • Eggs

  • Dairy

  • Mushrooms

  • Refined sugar

  • Salt

  • Wheat – bread, pasta, cake etc

  • Alcohol

  • Caffeine

  • Soya

  • White rice

I'll be taking a few supplements to help ensure I don't die, but other than that I plan to mostly be living on water, fruit, veg, honey, rye, brown rice and nuts - with a couple of other bits I'm allowed.

I'm sure the temptation to wave doughnuts, pork chops and cans of Coke in my face will be enormous, but rest assured folks - I will have my revenge if and when you do so.

Anyhow, I'll keep you up to date with how I go, and what I manage to actually find to make meals out of, until you're bored of hearing about this. Should be a fun adventure if nothing else - although ideally I'll lose a bit of weight and get rid of all the crap building up from all the fast food and processed junk I've been eating since becoming a student.

Oh and, did I mention I can't have tea, or alcohol? I'm going to go cry in a corner now...

Leave a comment, or read the 5 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

"fruit, veg, honey, rye, brown rice and nuts"
I wouldn't actually mind any of that =) Honey and nuts would fill you up in no time, hehe. Also, English bread fails miserably compared to European. (Non-English) Rye bread ftw.

Ina said...

Actually I'm allowed rye - but I've never seen rye bread. Can we get it over here?

Anonymous said...

If you can have rye, go try Ryvita with hummus. I live on that sometimes

Anonymous said...

Max here

I know you're allowed rye, that's why I mentioned it in the first place ;)

You can find some sort of rye bread in any half-decent Lithuanian/Polish/Eastern European shop. Don't know if you have those in the village of Reading, though =)

Also, Lidl and Aldi sell German rye bread, which is also quite nice (though not as good as the one they have right now on the Frankfurt Market). And Sainsbury's (in Castle Vale, at least) has a few kinds of abovementioned product as well.

Max out

Ina said...

You cunning devil you. I'll see if I can't find a Polish store nearby - cheers Max.

(Also why, why, why do people click 'anonymous' and then write their name?!)

Recent Tweets