Sunday 4 November 2007

National Graduate Recruitment Exhibition - Birmingham

Thursday night, as I mentioned in my last post, involved a couple of drinks, and a bunch of biro scrawled onto my torso. What I didn't mention, was that I spent the night in an absolutely gorgeous top which Julie-oh had hand made for my in Ghana. Amongst the many lovely features of this top was the fact that it has a fairly wide opening at the top, which makes it wonderfully suitable for a night out in a warm pub, but not so suitable for representing one's company at a fair of this sort.

As I'd slept in a house other than the one my things were stored in, I was forced to turn up to the fair with nothing but the clothes I'd spent the night in, and a slight hangover. This added a nice festive air to the start of the proceedings, until a nice, corporately branded and oversized polo shirt was found instead.

As I usually do at these things, I managed to get 'round pretty much every other company's stall, before and after the busy periods when I had to man the Microsoft one, as resident techie. I met a fair few folks who'd gone to Aston, which was nice, and lots of other interesting guys who did interesting things at interesting companies. I also got lots of lovely freebies, of course (I typo'ed that as 'freebirds' twice, I love GH & LS too much)

One of these guys did some very interesting things indeed, and I got chatting to him about these. Some of it was very hush-hush, but I was intrigued, and noted that it sounded like a very interesting place to work. At this point, the chap gave me his phone number and the offer of a job when my current contract ended. I think it was the hair that impressed him so.

I'm still undecided, but it's very tempting. I also have the card of another fellow who seemed quite interested in me, and also did very interesting things for an interesting business, but I don't think that one constitutes an unconditional offer too. Interesting stuff eh?

Final point of awesome; free beer for all exhibitors at the end - Nice.

--

"Vodka espressos, broken bones, job offers and inappropriate clothing..."

Three down, one to go.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets