Sunday 25 November 2007

Strange and disturbing games for the Nintendo DS

There have been a few games for the Nintendo DS recently that have made me wonder - who actually buys these?

For example, there are currently no less than four games of the 'I'm a princess and I have a horse' genre, which presumably are aimed at young girls who've already learnt to strive to be upper-middle class, when really they're lower-middle class. A quick game of Pippa Funnell 2 (they made TWO?) and they'll be throwing dinner parties and acting socially aware in no time.

I've also counted at least three 'I wish I was a vet' games, which sounds like a reasonable concept after the success of Trauma Centre. Prime amongst these is Zoo Hospital, which offers the facility to give a panda an enema:

Panda Enema DS
This may feel a little cold..

We've got nothing on the Japanese though, who have some absolutely unbelievable games. When they came out with Brain Training, the westerners went for it - and I've got to say, it's a great set of minigames, if a bit bizarrely presented. I can even see the attraction in Sight Training. But...face training?:



When you thought it couldn't get any worse - there is one further game I'll mention here - Touch Little Girls. That's a YouTube video too, but I won't embed it as YouTube have flagged it as for over 18's only. I only skipped through the video myself, but I'm pretty sure that's not because it's explicit. I really, really hope not anyway.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets