Thursday 1 November 2007

I love this job (still)

A couple of weeks after starting here, I noted that I love this job and that's still very, very true.

I get to do what I want, when and how I want to do it, so long as it helps to realise the targets of my job/team/department, and see some really interesting stuff along the way. Ever wondered how massive steel structures get built? How countries worldwide manage their healthcare? How a lot of the technology you use every day is really put together? If so, I recommend a job here at Microsoft :)

The latest bit of joy comes from the fact that I've just found out that on the 20th of November I'm off to Prague for a few days of training. Not only is the stuff I learn likely to be much more useful in the 'real world' than anything I've learned at University so far, but it's going to be fab visiting a new country, and in style too - with all expenses paid (of course).

In February, I'm off to Seattle, for either one or two weeks, for Tech Ready, which should be absolutely awesome. Now if you'll excuse me, I can't sit around blogging all day, I've got work to do. Specifically, there's a lego space station that needs some more bits adding to it. Pictures to follow when I get them...

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets