Tuesday 22 January 2008

Life happens when you're on the road

Drawn in the by sensational headline "I was on a plane that had a crash!" I recently discovered the blog of a chap called Les Jordan, who just so happens to work for a certain software house. Now, Les travels an awful lot with work, and the title of this post is lifted from one of his blog posts about his adventures on the road...and certainly seems to hold true.

Consider for example some of the following choice lines:

  • [isn't it awful when...]You roll over in bed, put your arm under the pillow, and discover a small bottle of handcreme (the free hotel kind) underneath the pillow.


  • That was when I discovered the meaning of "ssss" on your boarding pass: you been "selected" for special screening by the TSA agents.


  • First the first time in my life, I was so scared I actually closed my eyes.


  • Here is what I saw in those few seconds: 1 The drink cart floating above floor by at least four inches. 2. The...

From the above, I think you'll agree that the rest of the blog is highly worth your time. My particular favourite stories were The Flood and The Flight Attendant On My Lap - enjoy reading them, and leave him some comments if you want to encourage him to write more.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets