Thursday 24 January 2008

Primogeniture? Sexism more like

I recall venturing, at the tender age of 16 or so, the opinion that it wouldn't be long before the 'bloody feminists' ruled the world with an iron fist, and even something as sacred as the right of the first born son to inherit royal position would be under threat. I doubt I was as prosaic at the time, but I was certainly right.

It seems MP Lynne Featherstone is bringing this to the Equality Commission, rather than, y'know, bothering with her constituents. Some of the comments on her blog are rather hilarious. To be honest, I don't really envy Lynne her blog since she got tagged and shamed in the Devil's Kitchen.

I can't put things any better than the good old Devil did, so I won't try. Go read his post :) One final note though - how the hell did Hornsey and Wood Green manage to elect some hippy feminist as their MP. Were they all on drugs at polling time?

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets