Monday 7 January 2008

StumbleUpon

Yesterday, I popped into StatCounter for my daily dose of online stalking, and I happened to notice that traffic for Tie-Dye Heart had gone through the roof. I consulted the 'recent came from' tab in StatCounter and noticed that one certain referrer had been working overtime for me:


This goes on for quite a while...you get the idea though

Some kindly soul, going by the alias MelloProto had discovered the comic, somewhere on the interweb, and chosen to rank and review it on StumbleUpon. Things went rather well from there.

Naturally, I swiftly became rather interested in StumbleUpon and went and downloaded the Firefox toolbar for it. It takes up a bit more real-estate than I'd like but it's a great little gadget for some random surfing. You simply tell it what you're interested in, and press 'Stumble', and you're taken to a 'random' page, much like the 'I'm Feeling Lucky' function of Google.

Except of course, it's not random. It's a page which real people have rated as good, and told StumbleUpon that it'd be suitable for someone like you. The more you use StumbleUpon (and I mean really use, rating sites as you get there), the better the sites you stumble upon get. Really highly recommended.

For example, I recently told them I like cats - here's three of the better pages it took me to:

James S. Huggins - Guidelines for Cats
Cat Haiku

and last but not least, The Cats' House:

The Cats' House
I'm totally basing my first house on this picture

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's me!

Have fun with StumbleUpon and I wish your comic the best!

Wonderful blog you've got going here.

*blogroll'd!*

Anonymous said...

Awesome haikus, seen that before.

"I want to be close
To you. Can I fit my head
inside your armpit?"

Only one I remember off by heart :D

Recent Tweets