Wednesday 16 January 2008

Puttin' on the ritz

T'other night, for my sins I was sitting alone, watching television when a brilliant concert came on Channel 4 of all places, the elaborately titled - Rufus! Rufus! Rufus! does Judy! Judy! Judy! - Rufus Wainwright recreating Judy Garland's 1961 Carnegie Hall concert.

Amongst many great hits, he sang one I haven't heard for an age - "Puttin' on the ritz". Here's Rufus' performance on Youtube, if you're interested, but what I found whilst looking for it was even better:


Fred Astaire, king of the world. Watch 'till the end - or at least skip to the middle.

Unbelievably good. I'm off to watch my old Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers films for the rest of the night.

Xx

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

Unknown said...

I almost bought my dad that concert on DVD for Christmas... he's a big Rufus fan and he's still blaming me for the fact that I stopped him from going to see him live by selfishly having a birthday. Glad you enjoyed it x x

Ina said...

Haha - selfish girl Hebs.

Let me know if you fancy going to see him live sometime, we'll make a date of it.

Recent Tweets